Why it's awesome
Here's some results you can expect...
- You’ll learn a philosophy and a methodology that will give you newfound confidence in your designs. You’ll see this validated in much less painful usability testing! Basically, you’ll become a better designer.
- You’ll also gain confidence in dealing with stakeholders, users, subject-matter experts, and clients—you’ll know you are asking the right questions, at the right time. You’ll involve them early, and you’ll know exactly what to do with them. Basically, you’ll become a better facilitator.
- You’ll know how to get out of the business of doing surface-level UX work. You’ll gain the skills to take your design work deep into the business structure, the information layer, and the technical layer. You’ll have new power to solve systemic issues for your organization or clients. Basically, you’ll learn how to make more lasting, impactful change.
and here's the stuff you will get...
- Eight Monday afternoon/evening Online Workshops (5pm EST). Each live webinar will be 2-3 hours long and will have plenty of opportunities for Q&A. And yes, the longer webinars will have breaks! Our Monday night sessions will be recorded and sent out the next morning, so it’s not a big deal if you can’t make it for the live stream!
- A weekly homework assignment—a couple hours of work. Each assignment will be personally reviewed by me.
- A group forum to post questions and discuss with your cohort. I’ll be answering questions in the forum throughout the week.
- A video response from me at the end of the week (Friday or Saturday), walking through the top questions and highlights.
- Three 1-on-1 half-hour calls with Sophia: two during the 8 weeks, 1 follow up two months after the course to see how it’s going in the wild.
- Lifetime access to the most current course and certification content.
- Networking with an amazing group of hand-picked people that are also taking the course!
- On completion of all the assignments and a passing grade on the test (yes, there’s a test), you’ll get your certificate in OOUX and ORCA. You’ll get a profile on OOUX.design/experts — or objectorientedux.com/experts? The site isn't not yet live, but I have the URLs! More and more companies are looking for designers who can do this transformative type of work. And you'll be front and center as someone who gets it.