Why it's awesome
Here's some results you can expect...
- You’ll learn a philosophy and a methodology that will give you newfound confidence in your designs because you will have rigorous tools to break down complexity. Using a repeatable and structured process, you'll be able to create naturally intuitive user experiences that respect the way that the human brain works. You’ll see this validated in much less painful usability testing! Basically, you’ll become a better designer.
- You’ll also gain confidence in dealing with stakeholders, users, subject-matter experts, and clients—you’ll know you are asking the right questions, at the right time. You’ll involve them early, and you’ll know exactly what to do with them. Basically, you’ll become a better facilitator.
- You’ll know how to get out of the business of doing surface-level UX work. You’ll gain the skills to take your design work deep into the business structure, the information layer, and the technical layer. You’ll have new power to solve systemic issues for your organization or clients. Basically, you’ll learn how to make more lasting, impactful change.
- All of this will NO DOUBT result in: faster promotions, better interviews (rock those whiteboard challenges), and bigger and brighter career opportunities.
and here's the stuff you will get...
- Ten Monday-evening Online Workshops (5pm EST). Each live webinar will be 2-3 hours long and will have plenty of opportunities for Q&A. And yes, the longer webinars will have breaks! Our Monday night sessions will be recorded and sent out the next morning, so it’s not a big deal if you can’t make it for the live stream! Actually, many prefer to watch the next day; because these lectures are so dense (in a good way!), the pause button becomes very useful.
- A weekly homework assignment to practice what you learned. Each assignment will be personally reviewed by me so I can give you feedback and help you course-correct where needed.
- A forum to post questions and exchange ideas with your cohort—and all past cohorts. I’ll also be answering questions in the forum throughout the week.
- A video Highlight Reel from me at the end of the week (Friday or Saturday) that breaks down the juiciest questions from the week.
- Three 1-on-1 half-hour calls with Sophia: two during the course and one two months after the course to see how it’s going in the wild.
- On completion of all the assignments and a passing grade on the test (yes, there’s a test), you’ll get your certificate in OOUX. You’ll get a profile on ObjectOrientedUX.com/strategists. (Site going live soon!) More and more companies are looking for designers who can do this transformative type of work; you'll be front and center as someone who gets it.
- Upon certification, you'll have opportunities to become a moderator, mentor, and leader within the OOUX community—and the UX community at large!